Monday, November 21, 2011

Positive Thinking - Values and Assumptions


At times, I easily lose prospect of thinking positive when the negativity around me creates a barrier. But after that I utilize my power of positive thinking. I want to get rid of thinking negative and then thinking positive, means I want to think positive only. Let’s chat about how does positive thinking works with what we value and what we assume.


Values.. They define who we are and help us to figure out what we want and how we live our life. Everyone have different values, and positive thinking fits everybody according to those values. I value being nice to my parents and helping them. This makes me feel good. I have this value and it assists me in maintaining a high level of positive attitude. I can never think of troubling them but instead I focus in knowing that what I can do to make them feel good. Sometimes negative feelings also rule my mind. Like, when I and my mom have different opinions on some topics and I don’t do what mom says. But by reviewing my values, I maintain positive thinking at a time and give in to my mom’s views or I try instead to bring her around to agreeing what I think is right.

 
Assumptions..We often make assumptions to fill in an unknown. And more often we assume the worst. We give negative assumptions on everything which makes us fearful and worrisome. Last year my brother met with a major accident while he was driving back home late night. After that incident, I am always worried and don’t sleep until he comes back home. That horrible day always forces me to think negative and it tend to dig me deeper in a pool of negativity. Then I have to ask myself whether I know the answer or I am just making assumptions. I actively refuse those negative assumptions and try to focus internally on the positives.

What I want to say is if one cannot make positive assumptions, they should at least sway his mind from the negative ones.

1 comment:

  1. What i like about your writing is that it comes straight from the heart and without any dressing or embellishments. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete