Thursday, February 9, 2012

DRAMA :-D





Family get together..All masi, mama, mami, cousins in one house..Isn’t it fun..Well I am not here exactly talking about family get together, I am talking about that loving DRAMA which happens when we all are leaving.  :-D

Whenever I and mom are leaving from my masi’s, mama’s or some other relative’s house, there is this tradition in my family, that they give either money or some gift. Each and every masi, nani, mama, mami come and try to push a 500 rupee note into my pocket. And I say “ Arey nahi, aise thodi na. Iski kya zaroorat hai.", and all that. I know that I have to do this drama for 2 minutes maximum and then accept the gift, ultimately. 

Sometimes, I thought this drama is pointless. So, I simply accept the money or gift at first. Whereas, my mother is busy with her drama of not willing to accept. And when my mother sees that I am not doing it, she comes and does it on my behalf as well. "Arey ek ko de diya na, kaafi hai.", and slightly pushes the gift away. Whereas I sit with my hands in the position of catching a ball from the sky. I ultimately do get the gift. So, my mom uses all her energy in vain.





This entire giving-ranting-pushing-pulling-screaming-kissing-scratching-winking-smiling-taking episode goes on for 10 whole minutes. It is fun. But pointless. Seriously.

It’s funny too. I mean, both the sides know that this ALWAYS happens. But STILL both of them do it with all their might.

Interesting, isn't it. :-)

6 comments:

  1. Isn't is just like running a program, or installing some windows software, the same steps, the same way. Are we programmed. Isn't there any room for any uncertainty, spontaneity, suddenness.

    We do this not out of concern, out of love, out of gratitude. But it is a tradition. Concern, love, gratitude, make a very miniscule percentage (just a tinge). Some times we out of love, say, "tumne aisa socha, bas yehi baut hai".....you don't even say thankyou. "thankyou" seems absurd.

    Well, it is all that we have.

    nice post
    keep writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. no doubt you have explained it wonderfully...its emphasizing your strong sense of humour...I have become a fan of your writing...keep writing such fabulous articles...my best wishes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well A similar scenario happened with me on a train. The mama was giving his bhanja 500 Bucks to keep and he was refusing it . It happened for like 10 times or so then I broke in and said if you dont want it I will keep it. We had a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete